Sunday, July 29, 2012

Healthy Recipe #4: Chicken Stir Fry

Since I like to have most of my starchy carbs (if any) during the day, I often find myself just having protein and steamed veggies at night. Yesterday, I got tired of that so I decided to make stir fry. Granted, I had no idea how to make it, and I didn't have the means to get a recipe (my mom was occupying my computer), so I just went with it. WELL, it was so good that my little nine year old cousin begged me to make some for her.

This is giving me the idea of making my own cookbook haha.

Ingredients:
4 oz chicken (chopped into straw-like pieces)
unlimited green veggies! (I used kale, mushrooms, and broccoli)
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp. olive oil

In a pan, heat the olive oil and soy sauce at medium heat. Once they are heated throw in the chicken. You want to let the chicken cook a little (like 2-3 minutes) before adding the vegetables. Once one side of the chicken is cooked,  turn them over and add veggies! Cover the pan for about 3 minutes to let everything cook. Turn over the mushrooms and chicken and let them cook again.

In about 10 minutes, you have an amazing stir fry ready to eat and fill you up!

1 comment:

  1. I've seen a lot of chicken stir fry recipes but this one's different. I'm gonna try this now because I'm really hungry. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Get Talking!