Saturday, July 21, 2012

Healthy Recipe #1: Omelettes!

My favorite breakfast is an omelette. During the school year, the dining hall has a very limited breakfast option. My friend and I would always try to get there as early as possible before class (which for us meant about a half hour before our class) and get into the omelette line. Now that I'm home for the summer, I crave a delicious omelette almost everyday. Unfortunately, I had never made an omelette in my life...until this summer. After much experimenting, I have found my favorite way to make an omelette AND it includes tomatoes (which if you know me, you know I actually cannot stand tomatoes). Here it is!

Ingredients:
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup mushrooms
1/4 cup tomatoes
3 egg whites

Procedure:
Add some extra virgin olive oil (about a teaspoon) to a skillet set to medium heat. Also add about 1/4 cup of water. Saute the spinach and mushrooms until the spinach wilts and the mushrooms start to brown. Add the tomatoes. Now, wait until the water has evaporated completely before you add the egg whites. Then, cook for about 3 minutes and you should be good to go! Sometimes, you might mess up the omelette (I know I do), so just make it scrambled!

This is a perfect way to start the day if you have the time before work. Add a fruit if you don't think it will fill you up and you should be on your way!

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Talking!