Sunday, July 22, 2012

Healthy Recipe #2: Peanut Butter Smoothies!

So, I decided to make weekend blog posts recipes because they are fast and easy to write (and therefore, give me time to enjoy my days off). So for today, I am writing out my favorite kind of smoothie for breakfast or a snack before dinner. All throughout high school, I don't think I touched a stove. Then, in college, I wasn't allowed to nor have anything more than a microwave and a fridge in my room. So, I am pretty new at all these recipes and what not. But, being the science geek that I am, I just pretend I'm in Chemistry lab (yeah. I know.), so now cooking is not only really easy but also one of my favorite things to do (in my defense, my parents are both chemical engineers. It was how I was raised to think!)

Anyway, a lot of recipes for "healthy protein" smoothies call for protein powders. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a protein powder that doesn't have milk products in it unless I order it. And if I order it, then I have to pay shipping and handling (and who wants to do that?). I remembered that one of my friends used peanut butter to make smoothies and I decided to give it a try. It's pretty good too! Tastes a lot like peanut butter though so if you're not a fan, you might want to add a lot more of the fruit. 

Here's my recipe for a peanut butter smoothie:

1 Tbs. peanut butter
1/2 cup fruit of choice (think of it as a PB&J sandwich. what's your favorite jam?)
1/2 cup ice (optional - if you don't freeze the fruit, you might want to add the ice)
1/2-1 cup of almond milk (play around with it!)

Put it all in a blender and enjoy!! (while blending, make sure you dance because...well, what else are you going to do?)


Today, I made this for breakfast. My fruit was strawberries!! Yesterday, I made it for a snack before dinner (I'm kind of obsessed with this), but I used blueberries. You can really do whatever you want with this and it will come out good!! Here's a video of my blueberries one: BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Talking!